Grounds Maintenance Operations 2018/19

The Facilities Service of Maghull Town Council maintains 14 parks and 19 open spaces across Maghull. The map and links within this webpage provide information regarding each site. 2018/19 Grounds Maintenance Operations will commence on Monday 2nd April 2018; and will conclude Friday 28th September 2018.

During this timeframe:-
  • Grassed areas within parks/open spaces will be cut weekly
  • Play areas within parks will be cut fortnightly
  • Hedges within parks/open space will be maintained to a manageable height and width.
  • Litterbins will be emptied weekly
  • Play equipment will be inspected weekly

The following schedule has been produced to show the order in which parks/open spaces will be visited during 2018/19. This schedule is indicative only, and is subject to change in consideration of operational requirements and/or resource availability.
Name of Park
Mersey Avenue
Moss Park
Kenyons Park
Dodds Park
Glenn Park
Moorhey Park
KGV Park
Cricket Club
Round Meade
South Meade
Manor House Close
Areas around Green Lane
Ballswood
Whinneybrook Playing Field
Pimbley Playing Field
Bobby’s Wood

This schedule is monitored daily by Maghull Town Council’s Operations and Contracts Manager. If you have any questions or queries, please email via info@maghul-tc.gov.uk or call 0151 526 3705.
google maps embed directions

move
History
This eight acre site on the outskirts of Maghull was purchased in October 1963 from West Lancashire Rural District Council. In the early 1990’s the Council, in partnership with the Groundwork Trust, carried out a largescale project of Tree and Shrub planting to engender a woodland approach to this site. The Council’s Facilities staff have enhanced the initial project work and the site now has increased wildlife including foxes and squirrels.

Facilities
A large fenced park area with wild flower meadow, many trees and open grassland areas. Facilities include: a fenced multi-activity play equipment area with aerial slide. Car parking is available on site (Poverty Lane entrance).
X
move
History
This two acre site was purchased in May 1965 to provide open green space for the local residential area.

Facilities
A medium sized fenced park with significant grassed area, fenced ball games area, swings and multi-purpose play unit. This Park was revitalised as Maghull Town Council’s Millennium project and a commemoration stone marks it’s re-opening.
X
move
History
This ten acre site was purchased in June 1965 from West Lancashire Rural District Council, who originally purchased the site in March 1936 for the purpose of ‘Public walks pleasure grounds’. This playing field is now dedicated as a ‘King George V’ field as a recreational green space held in perpetuity for the community of Maghull.

Facilities
A large hedged landscaped park which houses gardens, toddlers play area with swings/ slide and climbing frame, Teen play area with Swings and climbing frame and small floodlit fenced football/basketball area.
X
move
History
This ten acre site was purchased in November 1937 to provide a recreational green space, with a view to establishing it as a ‘King George V’ playing field, which was achieved in February 1939. On the corner of Hall Lane and Liverpool Road South, the stone pillars of the Centenary Gates, have the emblems of the ‘KGV Fields Foundation Trust’. The KGV status was transferred some time ago to the two green spaces known as Glenn Park and Whinneybrook Playing Field.

Facillities
A large grassed and landscaped park, adjacent to Maghull Town Hall with 6 tennis courts, 2 bowling greens, fenced pre-teen play equipment and a playing field. Car parking is available on site.
X
move
History
This half acre site was acquired in March 1973 by Deed of Gift from G.C.T. Construction, to provide an open green space for the nearby residential area.

Facilities
A local small open play area that is grassed and has a multi-purpose play unit, swings etc.
X
move
History
This three acre site acquired in April 1977 by Deed of Gift from C.T.G.Construction Ltd., to provide open green space for the local residential area.

Facilities
A local medium sized play area with football/basketball games area, multi-purpose play unit, swings etc.
X
move
History
Two acres purchased in October 1960 from West Lancashire Rural District Council. The Maghull Air Training Corps Headquarters is located at the Moorhey Road end of the Park.

Facillities
A small partially fenced, grassed local play area with basketball area, toddler and multi-purpose play equipment.
X
move
History
This 2 acre site was acquired in December 1973 to provide an open green space for the benefit of the local residents.

Facilities
A local medium sized play area that is open, grassed, has basketball area, multi-purpose play unit and swings.
X
move
History
This ten acre open green space was acquired in February 1952 and has been developed as a very pleasant area home to the local cricket club and football club. The media launch of the Merseyside Canal Partnership was held there as one of the boundaries to the field is the Leeds-Liverpool canal.

Facillities
A large open parkland adjacent to the Leeds Liverpool Canal from where access to the site is open. It serves as a cricket pitch for Maghull Cricket Club and a football pitch and clubhouse for Maghull Town Football Club. The Cricket Clubhouse is run as a joint venture between the Club and Town Council and it is available to hire for small functions. Car Parking is available on site.
X
move
History
The 5.89 acres of land was purchased by Maghull Parish Council in 1959 from the Pimbley Trust & West Lancashire Rural District Council. Maghull Parish Council purchased the land in order to develop its recreational purposes further.

Facilities
There are two 11 a-side pitches available for hire on Pimbley Playing Field that can be hire from Maghull Town Council. Please contact us for further details.
​​​​​​​
X
move
History
These 5 acres were purchased from Norwest Holst Land Holdings in October 1974 to provide open green space for a then new residential area.

Facillities
A medium sized grassed and landscaped area with play area incorporating football/basketball games, toddler and multi-purpose play equipment.
X
move
History
This 2 acre site was acquired in September 1978 to provide open green space for the then new residential area.

Facillities
Small local open grassed playing field with basketball/games area and toddler/pre-teen play equipment.
X
move
History
This 6 acre site purchased in 1971 from West Lancashire Rural District Council to provide open green space for residential area. The field was originally part of the Whinneybrook farm estate. This playing field is now dedicated as a ‘King George V’ field as a recreational green space held in perpetuity for the community of Maghull.
Facilities
A large fenced grassed area. This provides for a football pitch and changing facilities. Maghull Town Council’s annual November fireworks and bonfire celebrations are held here.
X