Maghull has had its own Council since 1894 when Gladstone’s Government set up a network of Civil Parish Councils across rural England. In 1974, due to the size of the community, the Council chose to call itself a Town Council and has since elected its own Town Mayor each year. The Council seats 16 Councillors consisting of 14 Labour Elected Members. Maghull Town Council is a member of N.A.L.C. (National Association of Local Councils) and is working towards Quality Council Status.

Maghull Town Council owns and manages the following areas, buildings and facilities:

Parks & Land
13 Park Areas and 18 grassed areas incorporating 11 Play Areas, Gardens, Sports Pitches (Football, Cricket & Bowling Greens) and Public Open Spaces. The Council has its own in-house Grounds Maintenance and Facilities Department, who carry out all our horticultural, equipment and building maintenance across our parks & open spaces in Maghull.

Maghull Town Hall
Encompassing the Council Chamber, Administration Offices, The Venue function suite situated on the first floor; the ground floor accommodates the Activities Room (for indoor leisure services) and the Youth Coffee Bar. The Administration Suite houses the Council Chamber, Town Clerk's and Administration Staff offices. The Activities Room is used daily by commercial and community groups for exercise and leisure classes. Exhibitions are also sometimes held there. Maghull Radio has it's studio on the first floor of the Town Hall.

For the full list of parks, building and land owned by Maghull Town Council click HERE.